Friday 20 January 2012

Sameera Reddy gifts a sari to Oprah




Oprah Winfrey and Sameera Reddy

Shobha Warrier in Chennai
Sameera Reddy is on a high. Her Pongal release Vettai is a hit and her village belle act in the film was widely appreciated.

But that's not all.
The actress, an Oprah Winfrey fan, got to meet the celebrity talk show host at socialite Parmeshwar Godrej's party.

The actress recounts her Oprah experience from Singapore, where she is currently holidaying:
Parameshwar Godrej had organised a fantastic party to welcome Oprah Winfrey in India. She had called lots of people from Mumbai and I was among the invited guests.

I was promoting 
Vettai in Chennai and was scheduled to leave for Singapore after that. But when the party invitation arrived, I made sure that I was present in Mumbai to attend as I'm a big fan of Oprah. 
She is one of my favourite talk show hosts and an inspiration to me. I am sure she must have inspired many to educate and empower women. I told her when I met her that I was a quiet, shy girl and she had a lot to do with my metamorphosis. Her words were inspiration to me to come out of the shell.

Image: Oprah Winfrey and Sameera Reddy

No comments:

Post a Comment